Tuesday 24 December 2013

The things that I Treasure The Most :)

I am sure everyone treasures something in life.It doesn't have to be something expensive or fancy, just something meaningful. I too have my little treasurer's. Whenever I am sad or just not in the mood , I go through my box of treasure's. I never fail to smile or tear up a little when ever I lay my hands on these treasure's. Reliving those moments with the people I love, their gifts may not be what the society labels as fancy. You can't put a price tag on love, it does not matter how big or small, cheap or expensive, plain or fancy the gift is. Its the thought that the people who love you put into it that matters. Some treasure's can't be touched or felt, but only can be relived in our memories. The memories you share with a  close family member, friend, pet and etc. Those are truly the priceless treasure's.

1) Notes from  my teacher

    ~ This may seem weird to some people. However, this man changed my perspective and outlook on life. He is my Guru and I will forever be grateful for all he has done for me. The knowledge which he has bestowed upon me will always be ingrained in me. He is unlike any other teacher I have met. He inspires , encourages and shows us nothing is impossible. Though I am deeeply pained by our separation but now I will have to walk my own path and use all that I have learnt till now , to go about my life. I will always treasure and cherish all my memories I have shared with him. I am glad I met him as he is the reason I have a wonderful friend who means the world to me.





2) Bookmark from my Best Friend           

    ~  My dear friend gave me this bookmark a few days back. I have had trouble trusting people due to my rather horrible experience since preschool. People usually pray for wealth, health and education. I on the other hand prayed to get a true friend. Growing up I saw many  people laugh, joke, cry and share secrets as well as stories with their friends. The people whom I befriended ended up betraying my trust. Anyway on the positive note, when I was in pre-university, my best friend ( the true friend that I have been praying for finally walked into my life). She is one of the best things that happened in my life. I will forever be grateful to God for giving me such a great friend. Yes I am shamelessly boasting as she is really that wonderful. I was deeply touched when she got me a bookmark which had a short note about true friends. This girl is soo silly at times, she was supposed to be broke and she spent 8 bucks on a bookmark for me. Where will you ever find such a friend? I love her to death.


3) Books from my childhood best friend and cousin
   ~ I can still remember vividly my best friend calling me to ask what I wanted for my birthday.  " Nothing dude, all I want is to spend time with my best friend", I said to him. Well he was determined and kept asking me . After a while I gave up and just said, " It sure would be great to get my hands on the Vampire Diaries book". I was in for a surprise that evening . Many people till date think we are a couple but in fact we are just really good friends. I guess people can't digest the fact that a girl and boy can be just friends. Anyway he really surprised me by buying almost the whole collection of the Vampire Diaries series ( at that moment only the first 4 books were available). I was so shocked and happy as I was merely joking and he actually took the liberty to even wrap the books. He then looked at me and apologized as he was unable to get the first book as the store had no stock of it.  I just laughed till tears trickled down my cheeks . He just stared at me and asked if I was ok. " Honey, you just made my day, I am so blessed to have you as a friend and right now I am the happiest girl in the world", I said gleefully. The word search book was given to be my my dearest cousin. When my friends bailed on me last minute my cousin drove all the way to my place which is a 2 hour drive just to make sure I won't be celebrating my 18th birthday alone. He took me shopping after we had  lunch. I know its crazy a guy taking me out for shopping, well that's my cousin. His a true gentleman and a keeper. He made my 18th birthday a memorable one.



 4) Fossil Purse
    ~ This is definitely one of the most expensive purchases my mother has ever made for me. I want to make something clear before I continue, I am an animal lover and I am in no way promoting animal abuse or etc. This is the only possession of mine which is leather. I only accepted it as my mother put in a lot of effort in order to get it for me. This was one of my tokens for getting good grades. I have no intention to get more leather products but I would always treasure this purse as my mother gave it to me. I have spoken to my mum about my views on leather and animal cruelty and since then she has only gifted me with books or clothes. This is why I love her as she is ever so understanding and just simply awesome.


 5) Incanto
   ~ My father and I have had a rough time and till now we are still trying to patch things up. Honestly I don't know if we will ever fully patch things up. He usually gets me things that I don't like or have no interest in. Don't get me wrong and assume I am ungrateful, I am just a very blunt person. I say it to your face whether you like it or not. I guess this contributed to me only having a few friends. Oh well, they do say friends who accept you as you are are the true friends. Last year, he brought back Incanto when he came back from one of his travelling gigs. It was the first time he gifted me something that I loved. Perfume. We are slowly learning each others  likes and dislikes. I guess we are taking baby steps to resurrect our father-daughter relationship.



6) Memories from my late aunt
  ~ Though the time we spent together was brief , every moment was special and will be cherished for eternity. Just a few weeks before her departure, I received a brilliant orange kurti (tops for girls) and a small purple diary. I was touched that she remembered my favourite colour , as we last met about 3 years back. I was shocked when I found out a few weeks later that she had passed away. Her death shook up the family badly. I never wrote anything in the diary as everytime I look at it, the tragic day plays in mind on replay. However, the kurti she gave me has become one of my favourite's. I hope you are happy and your soul has found peace velliamma.



7) Memories from my late uncle
  ~  My uncle still lives in us in different ways. Our love for him get us through the day. My uncle was my father figure. The closest thing I have got to a father figure  ( as my dad and I do not have the best father-daughter relationship) . He battled leukemia valiantly for years. One day he had to be rushed to the hospital, few hours later we receive horrific news - his passing. I still relive those depressing moments till today, -the phone calls from the hospital - her mum asking me to keep mum and not tell my cousin about it yet -n the guilt of keeping my cousin in the dark - my cousin crying inconsolably on the phone - arriving at my cousins house and seeing her brother break down before my eyes - the arrival of my uncle's body - seeing him in the coffin - relatives arriving and mourning - sadness - emptiness.  2012 ,new year , new beginning, as he said to me while coaxing me to buy some new clothes. " At least buy a shirt ", he said. After being emotionally blackmailed ( he was a professional at that... sorry velliacha :) ) i finally gave in and let him get me 3 shirts and a cardigan. I will treasure this gifts as it was given with love. One of the greatest lessons my uncle ( my dad) taught me was to always be grateful for your blessings and give back to the people even with the little you have. He was indeed a great man. I hope you are happy in heaven and enjoying your after life my dear acha .




No comments:

Post a Comment