Saturday 28 December 2013

Broken Sisterhood

It has been almost 4 years but the pain just doesn't seem to go away. Guess this is the price I have to pay for trusting you so easily. All I wanted was to befriend you to get over my loneliness. If only I knew this was the price I had to pay for having "temporary happiness", I would not have even crossed paths with you. The pain, betrayal and disappointment that you have so generously gifted , still lingers in my soul.

I will never forgive you....EVER...but I will forget you and try my best to let go of what you have done. I actually forgot your existence till I got that disturbing message from the one person I thought of as my brother. Then I realized it was not one but two people who had betrayed my trust. I hope karma gets back at you. I was scolded and shouted at  because of both of you. Your father questioned my family's values because of you. I had to hear the words I never wanted my uncle to say to me "I  am disappointed in you". All thanks to you. I just gritted my teeth and bowed my head down in shame when everyone said horrible things about me. When I came to you, as it was your mess that defamed me, you shunned me away . Well that's when I decided to tell my parents the truth about you and him. I tried to be a good friend but I am not stupid. I know when someone is trying to throw me under the bus. My hurt pride and ego seeked vengeance. I was sick of people betraying me and this was the first time I stood up for myself. Now I am wounded as I have learnt that while I was getting slammed with criticism for your doings, you were enjoying your time with him. The rage and fury which I had buried deep inside me was awakened as I found out about your flirting and relationships. Why did you do this to me? My only mistake was trusting you. I have never felt so used , and disposed off.  I guess the only one I can truly love and trust is my family , Best Friend and pets.

I have learnt a painful lesson to not call anyone who is not blood related to me as sister or brother, no matter how close you are. My two best friends are the only exception as they have been there for me and have never betrayed me . I guess I have to thank you for making me wiser, as now I am more careful as to who to befriend and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment