Sunday 22 December 2013

When its too late



Don't blame others for your own mishap, as its the choices that you have made that have got you there. You are the pilot of your own journey . You should always be grateful for all your blessings as there is always someone who is less fortunate than you. We often take take things for granted , for instance a cup of clean water. Do you how many people in the world are not priveleged to even get a cup of clean water  ? Well this is merely the tip of the iceberg. Today I am going write about something personal - my uncle.
          Lately my grandparents and mother have been all over the place. My brother and I just go about our day as usual as we are 'too young' to know or get involved in family drama. This kept going on for a while till I finally got fed up of constantly being kept in the dark. So that is when I started to investigate and observe more. I can be quite resourceful when I want and need to be. After 2 weeks of investigating and snooping around I finally found out the problem. My recent discovery sent shock waves throughout my body. I was puzzled and disturbed.  After almost two decades I realised I had another uncle. I have always thought that my grandfathers elder sister only had one child, I was shocked when I found out that she actually had two sons. After I managed to calm down, my mind raced and questioned soo many things. Its one of those moments when you have a burst of ideas, thoughts and etc.

         Soo many questions yet I didn't know where to search for the answers. I decided to ask my elder cousins about this mysterious uncle. I was mind blown when I realised no one... none of my cousins knew about his existance. I didn't know whether to feel relieved (as I wasn't the only one to be kept in the dark) or frustrated ( as now I was back at square one) .  After eavesdropping on my elders conversations, I came to know that this uncle is dying, from some illness. "Wonderful", I thought to myself. Now I will never know anything about you.


         After realising the only way I am  getting any answers about my uncle is by asking my mother, I came clean about knowing his existance (hoping she would put my case to rest). Thankfully she told me something about him. Apparently, he and his brother were brought up by my grandfather and his other sister after theirs parents departure. My uncle lost contact with the family in his pursuit to attain wealth. After some time, he comes back with a lady, whom he introduced as his wife. This angered the entire family as he got married without informing anyone in the family. My family tried our best to welcome her in the family as they couldn't do much anymore as my uncle had already  married her.


         She had other ideas and bad intentions on my family. After my grandfathers sister and her husband passed away, all the first born males in the family were having a rough time (in either health, wealth or education) . One of my aunts went to a well known temple and enquired a priest about my family's recent turmoil. My aunt quickly came back and informed my family about what the priest just told her. Since that very day, my family has kept our distance from that uncle and his family. I asked my mum , "So what did the priest say?".  My mum hesitated at first, but after a bit of coaxing she finally told me the 'family secret'. Black magic. I am a science student and we are told to not believe in things that are not scientifically proven. Supernatural things are not real, I mean sure I do watch shows about supernatural beings, but no I don't believe that its real. Anyway the reason my family distanced ourselves from that uncle was because his wife practices black magic and cursed all the first born men in the family. I still don't believe this but what I do now is that lady sends out bad vibes. The sad thing is that this uncle has to pay the price for his wives sins. We found out he passed away yesterday morning from a man ( who remained annonymous) . After all that his wife has done, none of his cousins , even his brother isn't going for his funeral. Its sad but I guess this is what happens when you double cross your family. Sometimes its just too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment